Greetings from the PCU’s Kiddie Kollege and Special Education Unit!
The Kiddie Kollege is a Preschool Department of Philippine Christian University that provides quality education for kids ages 3 to 5 years old. It is an early childhood education program where kids start to learn basic skills, social and emotional skills, develop their interests, and form a relationship between their parents, peers, and teachers. It is their foundation and groundwork for future development in which children combine learning with play in a program run by professionally trained and competent teachers. We follow the DepEd Order requirements and exceeded them by adding additional Intellectual Development as our Institutional Add-on. The Kiddie Kollege of PCU started in 1970. The Kiddie Kollege continues to grow and is continuing to lead a new innovation in preschool. The continued effort of the administration, faculty, and staff in cooperation with the parents marked the success of the programs it offers.
The Kiddie Kollege program encourages the children to do their best at their own pace. Through a wealth of stimulating experiences in Reading and Writing, Language and Creative Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Computer Education, Music, and Christian Values. The children learn to express themselves in varied meaningful ways. As they work and play they learn to take initiative and responsibilities and discover ways of getting along with others. Opportunities of discovering facts and understand things are available to them. Situations that facilitate the development of realistic and positive self-image are provided in the teaching-learning environment. It enables the children to live as happy, expressive individuals, able to express their love to God and others.
In 2009, the Special Education Program was offered to cater to pupils with special needs from Level I up to Level VI. Its Basic Learning Competencies (BL’s) Program is designed for exceptional children with special needs covering language (English & Filipino) Science and Mathematics, prevocational competencies, and social competencies to which we have adapted.
Kiddie Kollege and Special Education develop socially adjusted, emotionally stable, and mentally alert kids who are capable of managing their level of learning.
- To foster and develop an awareness of God as Creator and loving Father.
- To provide opportunities for the children to grow in appreciation for Jesus the Greatest Teacher and Friend of little children.
- To open the children’s minds and help them enjoy their growing ability in learning new things.
- To enhance the children’s sensory, perceptual, and fine motor skills.
- To help mold the children’s interpersonal skills necessary for effective interaction with peers and adults.
- To guide the children in achieving personal autonomy enabling the child to manage themselves.
A milestone in the Kiddie Kollege and SpEd Unit
- Granted Preschool Program Level II Five Years Re-Accreditation status by the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines upon recommendation by the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities-Accrediting Council, Inc. (ACSCU-ACI)
- Recognized Preschool and Special Education Program by Department of Education NCR
- At present, from previous we have 25 pupils and now we have 67 enrolled so we have a 62.69% increase in enrollment despite the pandemic.
- Granted the ISO 9005: 2018 Certification by TUV Rheinland on July 15, 2014.
Curricular Strategy here
Kiddie Kollege –(Preschool)
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old
Special Education – (SpEd)
6 years old
Depending on the assessment of the Guidance Counselor
Beverly Princess B. Gonzales, LPT, MAEd
Eufrecina M. Baquiano, LPT
Erizze Merille C. Torres, LPT
Nursery 1 & Nursery Teacher
Maria Nathanielle D. Aguilar, LPT
Maria Vanessa R. Aliño, LPT