Learning Resource Center
It is a privilege and honor in continuously serve our beloved Philippine Christian University for 23 years and counting. It has thought me how to serve selflessly which contributed to my personal, professional and spiritual growth as a person and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to serve the University.
Last August 01, 2020, I was appointed as the new Chief Librarian. And being in this role for five months, we are in a challenging situation affected by the pandemic but despite of that we continue to rebuild and adapt to the new normal, we remain confident and resilience to the uncertain future. As we move on in our life’s journey, let us anchor our hope in Jesus.
I encourage all that we treat our profession as a vocation with compassion, integrity and wisdom as we give our best service to our dear students, academic faculty and PCU Community. I would like to share my work verse found in Colossian 3:23 and it says “Whatever you do, work it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people”. Let us offer the works of our hands to honor God.
We all know that Covid-19 “Pandemic Situation” has indeed made a great impact in the lives of us Filipinos. Despite the challenges, the library has never stopped its services and we continuously strive to support the information needs of PCU community. For the Academic Year 2020-2021, the Library is presently engaged in full-time preparation for its services in the new norm guidelines.
Checking of body temperature
Wearing of facemask and faceshield
Observing of physical distancing
Washing and Sanitizing of hands frequently
REMOTE ACCESS TO E-RESOURCES
The service includes online database access and use of e-resources. The library has an open databases that are accessible anytime anywhere and also databases on trial. Expanding the use of online platform to support students, and academic faculty.
- DOST – starbooks (http://starbooks.ph/)
- KOHA ILS
- Phil Ched Connect
- e-library USA American Spaces Corner Philippine (PCU students and faculty can register at this link to receive a log-in details. Once you have received your login details on your e-mail, you can access the free online library at https://elibraryusa.state.gov/login.
Only currently enrolled students/full time-academic faculty members, administrator and staff are allowed to avail of the library services and facilities.
ONLINE LIBRARY USER EDUCATION
This service includes virtual library orientation, online database tutorials, and other synchronous and asynchronous specialized instruction.
ASK A LIBRARIAN
Those who have questions, inquiries, comments and suggestions you may contact a Librarian via email, phone, or live-chat.
The library informs its patrons of the new acquisitions through its website and social media accounts.
BORROWING OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
Students, faculty, administrator and academic support staffs may use the library materials inside the library section.
- Readers may request for a scanned copy of printed book from the library collection. (Book chapters and articles must be 30 pages or less. One chapter or article per request)
- Readers may get full-text electronic journal articles and book chapters from various subscribed database and open free access resource.
SUSPENDED SERVICES OF THE LIBRARY
- Checking-out of library materials
- Accepting of outside researchers
- Accepting of book donations
- Interlibrary loans (for printed materials)
- Face to face library instructions
- Physical library tours
Meet the University Librarians
Jinky M. Mordido, MSLS
Learning Resource Center
Anacleta B. Guadaña
Marcela P. Labarda
Jesie U. Solidum
Salvador S. Mordido
Grace M. Establecida
Virginia V. Clarke
Mary Grace R. Tamboon
Cherryl P. Macale
Elementary/Kiddie Kollege Library
Andrea De Guzman
Eleanor De Raya
Library / Archives
High School Library
Elementary/ Kiddie Kollege